Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

FSDS 1 Lighting Question

Hi all. I hope someone can help me out here. I made a tower. Yeah!!! No, that's not it! I put a ball on top and checked dots and set it to beacon on. Now I get this nice little red blinking light. BUT.....I want to only see it at night. It lets you only pick one choice to make it appear the way you want it to. I noticed a section in the book called Display Conditions. It shows the Parts/Property window with a few conditional items. It has a Display when var. box, and then two windows: a V1 window and a V2 window. What can I put in those windows to have the light still be a blinking beacon at night, but not to be seen in the day? Thanks folks!Don

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OOPS! These instructions are for FSDS 2. Are you using version1?Hello DonRight click on the part. In the Pre-Process box click on ADD. Then click on CONDITION. Click on LOAD PRESET and choose BEACON ON. Click ok. Then click on ADD again and set a new CONDITION. This time click on LOAD PRESET and choose NIGHT. Now you have two conditions. This should now set your light to flash at night. The only other thing is to pick the right color so it shows up at night or add a texture to the light with the _LM extention.Hope this helpsJimhttp://www.northern-exposure.org/sig/ne_sig.jpg