Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a scenery design program

I am looking for a FS2002 compatible program which can create 'flight timing gates', which are like like frames in the sky with a crosshair in the middle. The first version of 'Aircraft & Scenery Designer' (which worked with FS4) allowed you to create these gates and included an algorithm which gave a performance score based on how well you flew through the gates. Does anyone know of such a program??? I need this to create a task for my Masters thesis, which is investigating the effects of time-compression and workload on learning a simulated flight task. Thank you;ChristineChristine9363@aol.com

Christine, imo what would work best would be a 3d object design program, the most used are gmax, fsds, and eod. There may be others. of these, I use GMAX, have used fsds in a older version, and have never used eod.In GMAX this would be pretty simple to construct. This program is avaiable for free at www.discreet.com, however to import scenery into flight simulator you must have a gamepac only found in fs2k2 professional, perhaps in the new fscof..I don't know that.Would you like help with doing this? Just about everyone on this board would be able to help build this, myself included.Bob Bernstein

Bob;Thank you so much for the reply. I am definately NOT a programmer. I think I would be totally lost. I've never even heard of the tools you mentioned but I'm certainly willing to check them out. The good news is that I do have the professional version of FS2002. Any help you could give would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated! I was so upset when I found out that the newer version of Aircraft & Scenery Designer no longer has flight timing gates and FS4 doesn't provide time-compression. I thought I might have to scrap my thesis. I will check out GMAX and get back to you.A thousand thank-you's!!Christine