Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Ground2K and FS2004

I changed the file reference to FS9.used the Scenery Library Manager to install my Scenery BGL, Landclass BGL, and finally the Exclude BGL as I always have done many times in FS2002. Exclude BGL at a priority lower than the other two.I restart FS2004 and there is absolutely no change. No new roads, landclass or exclusions. Shuffling the BGLs in the Scenery Library Manager has no effect. Then tried a new road and noticied that no texture appeared in the Texture Preview window. Looks like some things have moved.Anyone have a quick fix or do we await Christian making modifications?Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hmmm... I guess I should be more specific. I built my scenery for FS2002. When I loaded it into FS2004, All the Ground2K stuff showed up all right, (except landclass, which I didn't try to make). I think that maybe if you set up Ground2K to look in the FS2004 folder, then maybe it won't find the proper textures, which may have moved (like you mentioned). So, maybe don't tell Ground2K about FS2004, and just use your old FS2002 textures, and then when you loadd the BGLs into FS2004 (hopefully) everything will be ok.BTW, my roads and streams DID show up ok.- Martin

Martin.Thanks for the hint. Yes, that caused the roads to appear. Lakes always worked as in your case.However, I cannot get EXCLUDE to work using Ground2k. Same scenery that worked in FS2002.I also noted that the Ground2K landclass doe work. I am not sure if there may be something wrong with the generic FS2004 landclass. One small town I was using shows up as a set of farm fields in a forest. Ground2k allows me to place the proper suburban texture ok. When I use FSGenesis USA landclass (v1.03) I get a proper town but it is incorrectly surrounded by farm fields. Just somethig to be aware of and there maybe be an issue with my install.Back to playing with the excludes from Ground2k.Dick KLBE

regards,

Guest PaavoP

Ground layer numbers have changed. This may cause problems if You exclude only specific layer(s). I edited my project so exclude .bgl will exclude all layers and it works well in FS2004.Second, You can't see any textures in "Texture preview" box because the location of those textures has been changed. In FS2002 textures used to be in FS2002/SCENEDB/World/Texture folder. In FS2004 they are in Scenery/World/Texture folder.I used the following trick to make textures appear. I created the following folder structure inside FS09 root directory:FS09 root-SCENEDB--World---TextureNow I copied all textures from FS09 Scenery/World/Texture dir to SCENEDB/World/Texture dir. I also changed Ground2k "General parameters". "FS Directory" was C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002 and I changed it to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9.Last, I restarted Ground2k and textures appeared into the preview box.BTW - Let's hope Ground2K that will be updated soon.

I think the layers for the differnt areas have changed. For example, airport skirting is now layer 7 instead of 4 as it was in FS2002. I was able to eliminate the skirting with Ground2K by excluding layer 7, and compiling in the usual manner. I suspect that the same thing goes for roads, streams, etc. Hopefully someone will soon figure out what goes into which layer.I wonder why the layers would change like this. I can only assume that more layers are used than in FS2002. There seems to be more details like telephone poles and stuff, so maybe this gets its own layer. Perhaps items objects like taxiways and aprons also use this now, so maybe we will be able to exclude them in the same manner?One thing I noticed was that water I made in Ground2K seems too blue in FS2004, but this may be due to the season, and areas that I fly in.- Martin

Thanks for the info. I had already used textures from FS2002 so they appeard ok. Same with Landclass which was ok. I will now change some excludes to see if excluding all works for me. UnforI have about 50 excludes per project simce I do very large areas. Lots of clicking instead of flying.Thanks & regards,Dick KLBE

regards,

>UnforI have about 50 excludes per project simce I do very>large areas. Lots of clicking instead of flying.What I do in situations like this is edit the text file that those excludes are located in. So, when you figure out which-is-which, open the .asm file in notepad (or whatever) and do a "Replace" to change all the "VTPLayer 4, 1" with "VTPLayer 7, 1", or something like that.Repeat for each layer. You won't be able to load this file into Ground2K (I think), but maybe, if were really lucky, Christian might enable us to convert the original file over in a future version. :)- Martin