Sign in to follow this  

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS?

Anyone know how to fix this error message?I just installed a new scewnery file and it started appearing.So, I un-installed the file and it still shows.It shows in various places all over the world, and it is driving me batty:-batUsing FS2k2-Professional Edition"...with a tin cup for a chalice..."

Guest PaavoP

What scenery was it? Did it use an installer? Which files did You delete on removing the scenery?Perhaps some FS object library files have been deleted or overwrited.

The error message means that there is a BGL file that calls a library object from a library BGL (for example the tree library of Gerrish Grey are often used in addon sceneries) and the object that is called can not be found. Ussually this means that the library BGL is not installed.If it happens everywhere in the world it could also be something with the aircraft you are using, as some aircraft also use library BGL files. Does it also happen if you change aircraft?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I removed the entire file by going to the scenery library and deleting the file. I also went into the FS2002/scenery folder and sent the latest scenery file to the recycle bin.It still showed, so I uninstalled 2002 and re-installed it, and it is still there.Puzzling.....If it was a missing .bgl file, wouldnt it be replaced on re-install?

Yes, it should. But did you make a clean FS install after you uninstalled it? Or were there still old files left in the folder you installed to? In that case there could still be a BGL left that calls a library.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Perhaps it was retained, because I did notice that all of the aircraft that I had in the aircraft folder were still there after reinstall, which I did not expect. I did not check the scenery, let me do that.Thanks "...with a tin cup for a chalice..."

Did you fix it now?If not, I have another guess: there have been problems with the default Learjet causing such an error message. Can you check whether the Lear is around (as AI aircraft) when this message shows up?Rainer

I moved all of my scenery and aircraft to a seperate folder in my documents, then performed a clean boot of my system after uninstalling FS2k2 and then reloaded the program.The error is gone now, and I am testing each scenery and aircraft as I install them with the bglscan.zip program. I also intend to scan each new scenery that I create with this program.What a great tool!I will keep you advised when I find the culprit!Thanks for all the help guys!