Sign in to follow this  

Question About the textures used for water in FS9

Hi all since these textures have specular highlites what is "special"about 'em?,I.E do I have to do any thing when I create the textures?Or will F.S simply add the specular highlights to any texture that'sa "water" texture? Thanks in advance! Dan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dan,Not sure if you mean this, but isn't that contained in all the water_detail* textures?

I beleve it is but am trying to make our own so maybe I should have asked(sorry I was not too clear I guess duh!) is it possable to add to them and if so does the sim display the specular highlights simplybecause they are label'd water_detail? Sorry as I can't seem to find'em DUH! What folder are they in (again DUH!). P.S. thaks for getting back to me Dan

Hi Dan,They are in Fs2004sceneryworldtextureI think you can only get new effects by replacing the old ones, but not sure about that.

I don't know about FS9, but I get nice fake water reflections in FS2002 when I work on the quite "forgotten" alpha channel in the env_overcast.bmp etc. bitmaps. It's even possible to simulate the FS9 "swimming pool" effect.Claudius

Thanks Arno you are the man!. I will Take a look at 'em and see what type of textures they are. If you would like I could post some picsof my water(it's done using fluid dynamics something I know you are in to;-) Dan