Sign in to follow this  
arno

increasing view distance for fx files

Hi all,Thank you all for downloading the wtc memorial lights. I have received requests to increase the viewing distance for the lights. They are legit requests since I can view them (albeit faintly) from about 20 miles away. Though I have done some searches through the forum on effects and distance I have not found much there, or in the effects sdk. There is a distance setting for a control fx file but I have not seen any change in the viewing distance when I have played with the settings. I need to confirm there is not much I can do about viewing distance or get some advice and training in this area to improve my understanding.I am new to posting and scenery design, but not new to reading this forum or flying. The advice I have received and the motivation to solve issues myself without flames and MS bashing (no matter what the frustration, bugs, missing stuff, bridges (Gothals referenced on approach to kewr rwy 4R) grrrr.:-roll) oops, has been invaluable.I have recently started on designing kewr in particular due to simflyers wonderfully detailed scenery gobbling up too many fps and crashing my system at times (love the scenery just needed a compromise).If more info is needed just ask.Thanks again and regards,Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't fully tested it in Fs2004, but in Fs2002 there was a distance of about 5 km and from further away the effect file is not shown and there were no settings to change that.