Sign in to follow this  
Guest df0132

Ground2k textures displayed incorrectly at night, any t...

Guest df0132

I created some scenery using ground2k in the days of MSFS2002...It displayed fine but when i try to use it in MSFS2004 there are a couple of rather large issues...and they are stopping me from posting out the scenery.1. Firstly, there is now Autogen trees and powerlines over the taxiways and runway.2. The textures that are not displaying correctly are crops and grass etc, and they look fine during the day but at night...they seem to revert to texture with lights all over them...attached is a snapshot from the day and then same shot at night...see how the grass has lights on it at night!Has anyone else encountered this when using scenery created for MSFS2002? Or better still has anyone worked out what I am doing wrong?regardsDaryl

Hi Daryl.You will probably need to make an exclude over the runway to trim the shrubbery.If you send Christian the LWM file, or try to zip it and attach it to a post, someone might see why the night textures don't show properly.Dick

Guest df0132

Hi DickGood suggestion! I have attached the LWM file if anyone wants to have a look at it...Do you think it best to create the exclude in G2k or use another program such as airport for windows?I believe that there has been substantial changes in the layering in FS2004, maybe this has something to do with it..Has anyone worked out what the new layers are yet?regardsDaryl

Hi Daryl.The exclude needs to be for the objects, so Airport would be fine.I looked at the LWM file, and reporduced your project. I got the same odd results for dawn, night and dusk. I hope to look into this over the next few days. I hope this isn't a bug in the sim... but you never know. :( It appears as if FS2004 is creating a generic night texture for the VTP2 polys.Dick

Guest df0132

Hi DickThanks for the effort in trying to resolve the problem! I have tried substituting some of the fields and grass to other textures (including dessert) and still get the lights at dawn, dusk and night.regardsdaryl

Guest df0132

Hi Dickor should I say Hale Sir Richard!How on earth did you work this out????words cannot express my gratitude!I'll just say thanks, instead!regardsdaryl