Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry S

I'm struggling with EXCLUDE

Guest DonaldS

Hi:I realize I am not in this forum's league as far a scenery and scenery design is concerned. But I thought I'd post my little problem here in the hopes that someone will solve it immediately.I have FS 2004.It shows all sorts of buildings and stuff around my hometown airport, McCook, Nebraska (KMCK) which are no where near the airport in real life.I've tried to do the EXCLUDE thing in the scnerey.cfg, except it doesn't work.Here's how I have it set up. Lat/Long entry for Northwest corner of the unwanted scenery and Southeast corner of the unwanted scenery.I obtained the coordinates by slewing.[Area.009]Title=Eastern North AmericaLocal=SceneryNAMELayer=9Active=TRUERequired=FALSEExclude=N40 12. 48,W100 35. 45,N40 12. 87,W100 33. 93,objectsI use Area.009 for this example because I tried using [Area.008]Title=Central North America and [Area.010]Title=Western North America and they didn't work either.I am obviously doing something wrong - but what?Thanks,DonaldS

I did a search on this forum using the terms "exclude" "bob" and found one of my old responses....and fwiw, I recommend you search for answers also, it works well here at Avsim.______________________________________________________________Here's what I would do. Use "top down" view from the fs2002 views menu and turn on slew mode. Then put the crosshairs at the northwest corner of the crane, and note the longitude and latitude. Do that again at the southeast corner.Now modify these two lines of code to suit your location. The first line called header gets latitude and longitude numbers that are gross and a bit bigger than your area numbers, look at the example and you see what I mean...perhaps a 1 degree bigger box than the area will be fine. The second line gets the numbers you wrote down in the following order: N, S, E, WHeader( 1 43:00:00.0000 41:00:00.0000 13:00:00.0000 11:00:00.0000 )exclude( F 41:54:04.8000 41:53:27.0000 12:29:06.0000 12:27:52.8000 )Once you have modified the two lines of code, save that as myfile.scaThen run scasm.exe (downloaded from www.scasm.de if needed, get the latest version) by opening a dos box and typing scasm.exe myfile.sca. Now you have a bgl you put in your local scenery dir and the crane is gone. Bob B

... or you could edit the landclass to match the way the terrain actually looks. If there are more trees and fewer buildings, then choose a landclass with more trees. No trees? Mostly crops? Tundra? It can all be done with landclass. I think that if you use an exclude, then you will notice an edge to the autogen where it abruptly starts showing.- Martin

>I'm confused....the poster asked how to remove default>buildings.>>How does one eliminate default 3d objects thru landclass>alteration?Because autogen buildings/trees/etc are associated a particular landclass file. So, if we choose a landclass without buildings, then the autogen buildings will disappear. There are also some new autogen types which seem to be linked to VTP lines (telephone poles, bridges), but these would have to be removed using a different method. My impression is that he is trying to remove some buildings around an airport, but not the actual airport buildings. The exclude method would be the way to get rid of custom airport buildings, most everything outside the airport will be tied to the landclass file.-Martin

Guest DonaldS

>My impression is that he is trying to remove some buildings around an >airport, but not the actual airport buildings. That is absolutely correct.I live in a rural area of Nebraska and there are no buildings whatsoever surrounding the airport. The structure that are on the airport iteself, are fine. FS 2004 has numerous buildinges that look like condominiums, luxury hotels, duplexes, warehouses etc surrounding MCK.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/39223.jpgIf I have sucessfully attached a .jpg to this post, you can see there are no buildings etc.(except airport buildings and a few down in the lower left hand corner.) Go to KMCK in FS 2004 and it looks as though the airport is in the center of town. hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaaI think I'll have to look into this Land class thing. Thanks for your help guys.Regards,DonaldS

You might not have to create this yourself. Try searching in the library for "landclass (your state)", or even "landclass (midwest)". You get the idea - someone may have already created the landclass, so all that you'll have to do is load it.- Martin

Guest Larry S

I did a search and found this, and another answer you gave on exclude. Turns out you gave the right answer after all, just to the person and before I even asked. Are you good, or what?