Sign in to follow this  
Guest FR153

Ground2K Power Pole problem

Guest FR153

Hi All,Just started using Ground2K and just generated a set of roads around an airport. Afterwards, everything looks great except that I now have a string of power poles crossing the field from the hangars, across the taxiways and runways. AI pilots are starting to scream about the one in the middle of the active, right on the numbers. I realize that these are autogen in FS2004 and are directly connected to the roads that I put in but the question is, how do I keep them off of the airport property? Is there a LandClass value for these? If it helps, all roads are at level 33. Al

Hi Al.Try the roads at a layer less than the layer of the airport background.The default for FS9 uses layer 6 for roads and layer 7 for the airport backgrounds. The result is that the AB polys override the roads.I also found we can exclude the default VTP polys, and all sorts of autogen things pop up. I had a barn materialise in the center of my hometown runway! A VTP poly of layer 7 ( and an autogenless texture ) right under the runway killed off the autogen. The default runway covered the poly.You can include the LWM file as a zipped attachment to a post, and I, or some other brave soul, can try to dream up the fix. The answer is sometimes very simple, but not so obvious for someone just starting to use terrain design. The LWM will allow me to recreate you BGLs. ( We don't need the background bitmap )Dick

Guest FR153

Thanks Dick,I am on the way out the door for work so it will be Sunday evening before I can try it. I will yell then if I need another "Life Line".:D BTW, the learning curve does not look to severe in the learning of Ground2K. I like what I see so far. Al

Guest FR153

Hi Dick,Just a note to let you know that just playing with the levels was enough to get rid of the phone/electrical poles. Like you said, it was tricky and autogen wants to do it's own thing, but not beyond working. Thanks again,Al