Sign in to follow this  
arno

How do you change and airstrip in FS2004?

There's an airstrip in FS2004 that I use, and in reality, it's right near my home. The strip is near Fairbanks International. FS04 has it as a paved strip but its actually gravel. I just started using FSSC and I also just bought FS Design Studio. I have been able to add some buildings that are there, but when I created a gravel strip, it just puts it on top of the paved strip. Also, when I place objects, it seems like a real trial and error thing to get them placed around the strip the way they are in reality. I'd also like to add the float pond strip that is next to it that doesn't show in FS04. There's a lot to this scenery design and I have many questions for ideas that I have, like realistic bush gravel bar strips that I've been to. Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The first thing you should probably do is to make an exclude and get rid of the default airport. You can do this in FSSC. If you have done that you can use FSSC to place your new objects. Once you have the runway correct it should not be that hard to place the macros on the correct location in FSSC compared to the runway. If you have a map or so you can also load that as background image.