Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gringo

Insatalling FS2002 textures in FS 2004

This was posted (eroneously, I guess) in the AVSIM MS FS Forum but got no help. I hope you in this Forum can. I would appreciate it very much.I was trying to install a supposedly FS2004 Scenery version and the author asks that the Nova_Nova gold, VOD textures 3.0 Airport textures,ASD vol 2 be included in the texture folder of FS2004.Is this OK?, Safe. etc.AFAIK aside from the different bgl specs , the mayor problems to porting sceneris from 2k2 to 2k4 are the textures. I have not done anything yet and I have a full back up of the FS2k2 textures. I am waiting from advice from experienced simmers in this Forum before installing it. BTW I have a couple of sceneries that do not have textures in their buildings, so some sort of texture problem already exists.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela ( Now in Decatur Georgia !)[tr][td rowspan=1]Proud pilot of [link:www.flymeridian.com]Meridian Airline][/b

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Edmundo,Installing old textures in Fs2004 can do no harm (as long as you don't overwrite any of the default textures). So you can install them without risk.It could be (I am not sure) that even with these textures installed you still have problems with textures not diplaying, in that case it would be the format that is not optimal of Fs2004.