Sign in to follow this  

ERJ-145 Panel

I just downloaded Bill Grabowski's ERJ-145 panel last night and tested in FS2002. At first I was quite impressed, but when I started my roll down the runway, I couldn't pull up. I skimmed the manual to see if there was anything in it about this, but I couldn't seem to find a solution. I tried taking off again with a different trim setting. This time I was able to get airborne... but only about 7,000 feet passed the end of the runway! Once airborne, the aircraft bounced all over the place and the elevator was quite sluggish. Once I got the AP on, I was able to stop the plane from shaking, but I had trouble managing the auto thrust on my climb, cruise, and descent. I had to use manual thrust instead of managed because the managed wouldn't engage. I tried VS, FLC, and SPD modes but nothing would hold the speed and climb I wanted. The airplane would just accelerate right passed the speed I had set on the PFD. Now as I said before, I have just skimmed the manual, but I don't think this is supposed to happen. Can someone please help me???Thanks,Andrew Heath** Has anyone found any good sound packages to go with this panel?

Hallo AndrewHave you downloaded the latest patch from www.fsnordic.net's panel section?RegardsThomas HjelmFS Nordic

Don't skim the manual. Read it. It will explain why you are having trouble with the "autothrust". Set the trim for takeoff. Proper takeoff trim settings and takeoff speeds are spelled out in the Profiles and Procedures documents. The runway at Meigs is too short for this plane if that is where you tried to depart from. Ensure you have the latest upgrade available from http://www.fsnordic.net

I figured out the trim problem, thanks. It was something covered with the FS2002 patch. I read the manual and figured out the autothurst problem too. The reason I skimmed the manual before was because most of the stuff I can figure out without reading it.Thanks for you help,Andrew

Andrew,As was stated in the beginning of the manual, the ERJ is a very different and very complex panel. "Figuring it out without reading it" will result in what happened to you.Further support is provided at the ERJ Panel Support Forum at fsnordic.net.I strongly suggest you perform the Tutorial Flight, which will help tremendously.Bill