Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Tree macros and decreasing frame rate

Guest alaskavideoguy

I wanted to make the air strip in FS2004 look more like the real bush strip that I fly into, so I added about a hundred tree macros. I made 2 polygon trees, like the ones that FS9 uses, in FSSDesign but my frame rate dropped dramatically. Is there a better way to add lots of trees without affecting the frame rate so badly? Thanks

Guest GerrishGray

You could try using my Trees Library, which you can download from here as trees_v3.zip. Once you have downloaded it, e-mail me direct to register and I'll give you any other help/advice you need.CheersGerrish

Hello Thomas,One possible problem, although I do not know if it applies here, is the size of the textures used. The default autogen trees use very small textures. If you are using large high-resolution textures, you can get a significant impact on frame rates.Gerrish has often pointed out that the size and quantity of textures are the principal obstacle to good frame rates.Best regards.Luis