Sign in to follow this  
Guest Checkmate

XP, Gmax, and Hotfixes

Has Microsoft released to the general public a bugfix for the Gmax/XP file corruption? If not has anybody installed the hotfix?I got the hotfix from MS. It contains 3 files: 2 self extracting archives and a txt file that appears to describe the installation hotfixes using an executable file that is not included in either archive. The archives don't include instructions either. There are 2 inf files with the same name placed in sp1 and sp2 directories respectively and 3 executables one named update.exe along with some dll's and other filesOr has everyone else just uninstalled the bug fix that started all this and run behind a firewall?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the link RhumbafloppyNow if you'll excuse me for a moment.AAAARRRRRRGH!I hate XP. I hate it. I HATE IT!I followed the link and found that Discreet had a link to a hotfix (not the one they originally suggested we call MS about) that solves the GMax problem.BUT NOW FS9 DOESN'T WORK!!It will launch (sometimes) and run (sometimes) for about a minute before terminating abruptly and (sometimes) sending me back to the desktop.Removing the hotfix fixes fs9 but then I can't use GMax!Is anyone else having this problem?