Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Crash to desktop

Thanks to help and advice from this forum (also the excellent ground 2K and FSSC) I have been able to complete my first scenery project. I have tested it out lots and don't have any problems with it when I start my flights from within this scenery. My problem is that when approaching the area (usually about 70 miles out) the sim crashes to the desktop with no warning or error message. Sometimes when I use the GPS the sim crashes and gives a terrain.dll error message. This only appears to happen in FS9. Does anyone know a way of "curing" this problem as I would hate to publish my scenery with a major flaw in it? By the way, my scenery is the Seychelles and comprises a number of islands which have had to be quite radically changed from the default. Colin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have found this to sometimes be associated with a "damaged", or mising, file in the scenery/world folder. I have had to reload mine twice from CD. Unfortunatly there may be files in there that are chnages such as different ground textures. I sort by date to expose these and set them aside with a copy.Dick Boley KLBE