Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shaun Manners

Paired ILS

Guest Shaun Manners

Hi AllI have just got to the ILS for my runway and low and behold hit a snag... the airport has a paired ILS sytem so both ends of the runway are on the same frequency. I have added two ILS objects with their seperate idents, but when I get into FS I can only tune into the one. MS have managed to get it to work in the default scenery so I know its possible, I just have no idea how to do it! I would leave the default ILS in place but its not accurate enough... and well the ILS is kinda important ;)CheersShaun

If you using fs2004, you probably can't add any new NAVAIDs at the moment since the NAVAID files are located within the various scenery files vice being available in master files like fs2002.If you are using fs2002, then visit http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html for the latest EasyNavs by Herve Sors.W. Sieffert

Guest Shaun Manners

Thanks! I am using FS2002 (will have to make many changes to convert it for FS2004) to start with I didn't think that was what I was looking for, but it has worked a treat.I didn't really want to adjust the default file if possible... I have allready had to do that with one because of a flatten area (see mesh design forum) but I ended up extracting the ILS information and then saving it as a database, editing it and deleteing the unwanted ILS entries and recompiling it as a bgl and placing it in with my other scenery bgl's.cheers!Shaun

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

You should have no problem in FS2002 using same ILS frequency for oposite runways. I did it for my LGAV2002 and it works fine.I used AirportForWindows to make it and had to place each localizer and DME transmitter at the touchdown zone.However, to receive the reciprocal ILS you will have to be passed the middle point of the runway while downwind.Some pilots did complain to me that they could not tune to the oposite ILS, but those were only a few (5-6) out of the 1000s downloads. I have no clue whatsoever why this happens to some.FS2004 is another sad story. We will have to wait until the new version of AFCAD2 which will allow editing of navaids is released.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest Shaun Manners

Hi Georgethanks for that, maybe I'm one of the minority that has problems then... I am however using a design program that doesn't allow you to place the transmitters in different locations, maybe thats where the problem is. still I have managed to get it sorted now (see precious posts)I'll just tackle FS2004 when the time comes!cheersShaun