Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Aster and mesh

I have succeeded in creating a mesh terrain from data Aster geotiff. As broadly explained on other post and on "terrainmap." I have however a problem: Not knowing what LOD to use I have used "Auto." But, in some points of the scenery the mesh is not visualized. I have tried to remove it sprouts it to the scenery of default of FS and in this way the mesh he is seen. Have I deduced therefore that the file produced by resample.exe would very probably owe first to perform a flatten!?!?!? is it correct?????? But in this case, as do I make to perform first the flatten of the zone and then to load the new mesh???? ThanksAntonio

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Antonio:Congratulations on getting an ASTER DEM to compile for FS - that's not an easy task!I'm not sure what the problems with those "not visualized" areas are but suggest you use TMFViewer (part of the Custom Terrain Textures SDK at http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...nloads_sdk.asp) for checking. When you load your mesh file TMFViewer will display only the section that will be visible in FS. Also, the display of your compiled file will help with noticing anything wrong in your compilation.If that doesn't help you, perhaps attach a few screenshots of the TMFViewer screen or a problematic area in FS. That will give us a better idea of what might be wrong.Cheers, Holger