Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bushjay

Custom runway lights not bright enough

Guest Bushjay

I'm creating some bush scenery with a Ground2k4-built sloping runway to which I would like to add some simple runway edge lights. I can't use the default FS runway lights as the associated runway, even if it's invisible, will flatten the terrain. The lamp macros I've made using EOD are far too dim, and Matthias Bruckner tells me that they can't be made any brighter using his program. Is there any other way to create custom lights that are bright enough?Many thanks,James Belk

Nope, I have tried making custom lighting as well, but it seems these light have a too small visibility no matter what setting you try. Therefore I dropped this idea and used the default runway lighting (will not work in your case unfortunately). So I guess you will have to accept the lower visibility of the lighting if you want the sloping runway :(.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Bushjay

OK, thanks anyway Arno! I'm sure I've seen some really bright lights on various vehicle macros in the past (FS2000-era), but I've got no idea how they were made. At least I've managed to get a VASI unit installed, next to a tiny default runway with an invisible texture - whose flatten doesn't have too bad an effect on the profile of the sloped airstrip.