Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Which is the best way to add static planes at an airpor...

Guest unglajo10

Hi allI would like to add static aircrafts to my scenery. Has got anybody experience with a design technique that influences the frame rate not to much?I'm thinking about adding AI-Traffic, but AI-Aircrafts require a lot of resources and I don't know how to make them static.The old API Macro Aircrafts with "old style textures" also require a lot of resources.Does anybody can give me a suggestion where to find "static" GMAX designed Aircraft Macros or a place to find good AI-Aircrafts which do not affect the frame rate to much?And a way to make the AI-aircrafts static?Thanks in advance.ByeJoerg

My personal opinion is to use low frame rate AI aircraft as static aircraft. Use flightplans that fly the aircraft at times you don't use the flight simulator or fly them on short hops.Adding more scenery, in this case, static aircraft is probably just as frame rate heavy as using low frame rate AI aircraft. Secondly using AI aircraft, you can get rid of them easily by removing them from your flightplans. Doing it in compiled scenery, you would have to remove the scenery or replace the scenery.W. Sieffert

Guest unglajo10

Hallo Mr. SieffertThank you for your reply. Do you have any suggestion where to find low frame rate AI-Aircrafts?I'm designing the Euroairport Basel Mulhouse, so I'm looking for European Airlines like Swiss, Air France, Lufthansa.I think I will implement static planes as you suggested it, that gives other users the possibility to easily modify my scenery.Have a nice sunday.Bye.J