Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Excluding High Tension Poles

KMCO opened the new runway 17L/35R and renamed 17/35 to 17R/35L today (12/25/2003). Using my new Airport/Facility Directory S.E., incidently effective 0901Z 25 Dec 2003, I added the new runway, taxiways, and renumbered 17/35 using AFCAD211.I noticed bushes and high tension poles coming through the pavement and running along side of the runway/taxiways. I first used AFW and made an exclude, which eliminated the bushes but not the power poles. I then used Paavo Pihelgas' new exclude tool, which had the same results as the AFW Exclude.bgl. I poles must be autogen as they first show up at Autogen-Normal setting. Does anyone know how to exclude these poles from the airport property.The other interesting aspect was the rolling ground cover in this area. AFCAD211 layed down a solid runway but the aircraft floated above the surface for part of the runway that covered a low spot. I used an AFW flatten that fixed this problem. I think I am going to adjust the flatten from a square to keep the rolling effect around this area and only use it for the runways/taxiways as needed.I also used AFW to add the new ILS for R/W17L, since that function doesn't yet work with AFCAD211.I know, I know, I should be designing with the new XML but I was in a hurry.W. Sieffert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!