Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FSSC and airports list

Guest washburn_it

Hello, I have downloaded FSSC and I worked around it almost the whole sunday...but I have a problem: when I export the file who I'm working on, I can find this scenery in the sceneries' list but I can't find the airport's name (LICS in my case...it's a fantasy ID since this airport doesn't exist in the real world) in the airports' list. If I start a simulation I can land on it, I can see it but its name isn't showed among the airports. Why so? If it's useful for you to understand the problem, the ID of the airport is "LICS", the name of the airport is "Casale sul Sile" and the city is "Treviso". If I use AFCAD I can find it in the airports' list but I have the problem to clean the area from the objects around (problem that I don't have with FSSC). Thank you. BobPS: when FSSC updates scenery.cfg, it replaces "Area.007" (West Europe) with my new scenery's data so I have to manually restore the correct data for that area and append the data for my scenery at the end of the file....is that a bug??

I would think that replacing Area.007 is a problem. You might get more response on the workings of FSSC in their forums just down the main forum listing page.As far as getting your airport in the list, you will need to use AFCAD221 or higher. FS2004 has a new scenery format which FSSC and Airport for Windows don't support, yet.I recommend you only use FSSC for sketching out your airport and placing 3d polygons (buildings, hangars, etc) and use AFCAD221 for placing ground elements, grass, aprons, runways, taxiways, etc.In afcad, use the new airport select under the file menu.W. Sieffert