Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Totaly overwhelmed

Guest Larrycx

All I started out doing was adding the missing Crawford Reservoir near Crawford Airport (99V) and used Ken Nelson's LMdraw. Ken let me know that FS2000 coding was going obsolete so I downloaded the BLG SDK and started poking. I used to write asm code a long time back and got out of it about the time C was coming into being. Ken also pointed me to this forum and as indicated I am overloaded. I will keep poking around. I want to replace the Crawford Airport (99V) gravel runway with asphalt to update it and make it easier to find from further away. Its pretty hard to spot. I have added Real Scene 2004 which corrected the terrain which helped. When I used to fly my Piper PA-180 the gorge just to the South helped. It now does in FS2004.I want to change the 99V to asphalt to make it like it is now. I also want to exclude the autogen buildings and add the proper houses and hangars in this airpark. I am just barely able to understand the XML stuff to exclude and add. Go easy on my ignorance (and spelling). Later I hope to be correcting and adding more in this area of Colorado. Crawford is about 50nm SE of Grand Junction (KGJT),Colorado.;-) Larry

Guest pecrowther

If you are going to make lots of changes to airports, it sounds like your best bet would be to use one of the airport design programs, such as FSSC (Flight Simulator Scenery Creator)- which is free. There is a FSSC forum to help you get started.(BTW - I used to program in ASM too, moving from an Apple ][ to an Amiga- with a blazing fast 7.62 mhz 68000 multi-tasking processor. I tried "C", but it looked way too confusing. My Dad used to program back in the '50s, by flipping switches. The good old days!)Phil

Guest pecrowther

p.s. I have no idea how that last "[br/>" got in my message. When it left my machine it was a ")"

I would suggest you rely on AFCAD 2.11 by Lee Swordy. This new version of AFCAD (avaliable at AVSIM) can create both the traditional taxi and parking links and also visual taxiways and runways.Its the easiest tool to use...just search for your airport, and it will find the default. Then double click on the runway, you'll have a drop down box to change it to whatever you wish. Its equally easy to adjust the linework, like if the default put edge lines on the taxiway, but the real airport has none...for example.Then just "save" the file to your scenery folder, and you'll see a modified version.Bob Bernstein