Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

AI_Ships

Guest pecrowther

I downloaded Holger Sandmann's excellent examples of using AFCAD paths to animate ai_ships.1. I have not been able to get my ships to work with the examples. What does it take to convert a regular ship to an ai_ship?2. I have not been able to get the ai_ships to work with my AFCAD paths (although I was able to get the ships to work with one of the original paths that I had moved). What is the minumum path required to "convince" a ship to taxi? (e.g. do I need a runway, takeoff points, a broken link to the runway?)I realize that I can solve #2 by process of elimination, but was hoping that someone might know.Thanks, Phil

Hi Phil:thanks for your interest in my ai_ships files!Sorry, I don't know the answer to question 1. In fact, I have tried setting up various CFS2 and FS2002 ships and failed too. Oddly, I can load them as regular "aircraft" and pilot them around. However, when I set them up as AI with a flightplan they simply don't show (except, sometimes, in Spot or Tower view only, which is even stranger). I suspect it has something to do with the lack of a defined parking radius (check in AFCAD's Aircraft Editor) but are not certain.Question 2 is easy: you'll need a complete and fully connected airfield, with parking of sufficient size and a runway plus runway link. Set all taxiways (use apron links!), the runway, and runway links to 1 ft width and no lights or markings; that's all.There are more tips and tricks in my read-me files.Hope this helps. Cheers,Holger

Guest pecrowther

Holger,Re: Question 1 - You are right. The ships that don't work have a "n/a" in the parking radius. I guess that parameter is somewhere in the "mdl"?Re: Question 2 - Sounds simple enough. I thought there might be something special with all the unconnected runways, the runways in different places as the runway taxi lines, etc.Seen any good WWII cargo ships?Thanks,Phil