Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

What tool to use ? (land class)

Guest Regg001

I have all the data (accurate) for land class in Canada. Now i need a tool i could use to create BGLssss using that data . I tried EZ-Landclass , but it's not what i need .A couple of years ago , in FLY , i used another set of programs to create very accurate landscape and very real depiction of the land classes (close to reality given the available bitmaps/tiles at the time). Is there a similar tool for FS9 ? Not looking for a mesh tool...

Howdy:sounds nice but how can we make a recommendation if we don't know anythinbg about the format of your raw data?Cheers, Holger

Guest Regg001

Sorry , in deed very important.VMAP0 , GIS DATA (ARC DATA) .Format of the files are with extension .dbf .shp and .shx and another set with extension .E00

Guest Hugo

I'm brigning back this post because I too would like to know more.Hugo

Howdy:well, I've never used these kinds of data myself but there are two possible options I can think of:1. Chris Wright's AutoAsm has a feature for automatically creating landclass files from an input bitmap - check his documentation.2. EZ-Landclass runs in Excel, and Excel can import different raster formats as well.For both options you would have to transform your polygon ESRI shape files into raster files (unless the e00 file is a raster file already). I don't know if there are any freeware converters available but suggest checking here: http://software.geocomm.com/translators/Let us know how it works out!Cheers, Holger

Guest luissa

Hello Regg,If you can transform your data on a bitmap with a finite number of colors (one color for each type of land use) and the map is (or can be made) orthographic, then I may have a tool that you may want to try. If so write me at luis@ptsim.com.Regards, Luis