Sign in to follow this  
Guest VideoAce

Landable Surface?

Guest VideoAce

After reading threads related to this topic, I can not find any specific examples on making hardend surfaces for landing. I installed fsregen,mdlcommander and middleman. We I export to bgl in gmax I get .asm,.x and .bgl, I then go into fsregen and open the asm, but I don't see and option for hardend surfaces.Help Please.....Thanks,Bill

Hi Bill.The ASM code we have used for solid surfaces isn't reliable.An advanced building of zero height can be used as a hard surface in both FS9 and FS2002 ( may require airplane crash detection on in FS2002 ), or a newer XML coded airport made with a short runway can be used for FS9 only.Do a search of the forum for 'helipad xml' or 'helipad advanced building'I believe there will be a hard surface command available for FS9 Library Objects, once the new MakeMDL for FS9 is released... the default oilrig object has a hard surface attached to it.Dick

Guest VideoAce

Thanks for the information guys, theres appears to be a couple of ways in doing hard surfaces. I'll have to explore them to see which one best suites my purpose.Thanks again,Bill