Sign in to follow this  
Guest jersey shore

Attaching an EFFECT to a SCENERY gmax item

Guest FR153

Does anyone out there have knowledge on how to attach a 'special effect' (fx_beam.fx) to a rotatable gmax item such as an airport beacon. I realize that FS2004 airports have rotating beacons now, but many of them are far from correct (believe it or not). We have several around here that are simply a couple telephone poles bolted together with the beacon atop. No metal towers.Simply placing a beam that rotates about a given point does not work well because the syncronization gets goofy. Therefore, I am trying to attach the 'beam' to the 'lense' of the beacon. I am open to suggestions (he says after spending two days on it). Thanks,Al

I assume you downloaded the FS2004_GMAX_SDK.exe and read the AttachTool documentation and attaching an effect from .http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ , downloads, FS2004SDK.W. Sieffert

Guest FR153

No Bill, in all honesty, I hadn't. I thought I had all of the SDK's that were available but didn't read all the info I guess. I have just finished downloading it and will spend some time this weekend reading to see what devious things I can now do. Thanks,Al

Guest jersey shore

you cant just place an effect on the rotating beacon because it will already have a material name of tick_18....but it does describe how to do it in the sdk mentioned above