Sign in to follow this  
arno

Getting sca-files out of AFCAD2?

Hi there,i'm looking for any way to get sca-files out of AFCAD2.Flightproject software uses a little converter tool to produce airportlayout charts from sca sources which we could simply create with AFCAD1.4. These files are used to be shown in controllers ATC software and also for online pilots using the new ATOC multiplayer suite. Now in version 2 of AFCAD i'm missing the export function to get these sca-files when finished the layout work.Is there any other way to get sca from AFCAD2-bgl?Best regardsPeter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Peter,Is the format of these sca files documented anywhere? I've been working on an app that extracts data from AFD files. I'd be interested in learning more, as it might be something I could put together.Eliot

Hi Eliot!SCAs are the source for scenery assembler SCASM. Online Documentation is available on www.scasm.de or for offline reading in www.scasm.de/dat/sca_html.zip (both in english).Best regardsPeter

No, it is not possible to get the AFCAD2 data in SCASM format. SCAMS does not (yet) support the new AFD format that AFCAD2 uses. In theory it should be possible for AFCAD2 to produce a source in XML format (for the BGLComp compiler), but I don't think that option is included.