Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

coastline & ground2k

hi, i've started working with ground2k some time ago, and i'm getting addicted. It's outstanding, even if it's a little buggy:-( I'm working on a cost scenery, several kms long. My procedure is this : draw my coastline, pay attention to check land on right or left as i design it, then follow that line with exclude square, then fill all the area where the coastline passes with fill with land features. The results is that in some spot everything is ok, in some other spot i've full water ( and flatten) areas, in some other i've full water and meshed areas ( you can see elevations on it), in other i've full ground areas ( as the coastline didn't do what it has to do ). Have you got any ideas of what it could be? I made same process with all the areas in my scenery, but still can't get out this bug in those spots!Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Alex,Congratulations on your progress in creating scenery.First, perhaps you could indicate what bugs you have found in Ground2K4. Most of the problems encountered so far are due rather to the user's lack of knowledge of the details or subtleties of terrain creation, not to any bugs in the program.Second, please do not use the Fill function. This fills the entire Area (LOD13 grid) with land (or water), that is, the entire square becomes land. This is not appropriate for a coast.Instead, just draw your coast and declare it as LWM (Land/Water Mask) and select Land on the appropriate tab. This will fill your coast polygon with land as you wish.Third, when you come upon a part of your coast that does not display land, it is almost always due to the lack of land class assignments in that Area. To remedy this, just assign land class there. Make sure that you assign land class values to all 4 vertices of the Area, or the ground tile will not be created (and land will not show.)Best regards.Luis

i need to talk with you, have u got msn? if yes i'm i-sava@libero.itCan i send you my lwm? still haven't got rid of that bugthank for your helpalex

Ciao Alex,I am very glad to help if I can. Please just keep posting more details and screenshots of your problems here; this way, everyone can benefit from this discussion.Best regards.Luis