Sign in to follow this  
Guest geoff williams

API Macros

Guest geoff williams

Forgive mabe a dumb question, or one which has already been asked,but is it possible to create api macros to call objects in the new style xml libraries to use them in programs such as FSSC.Thanksgeoff

Yes, that is possible, while the other way around does not work.You can just take any API template that calls an library object, like the ones FsRegen makes, and then enter the GUID of the object you want in it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Hi,check Autogen macros in download section on www.scenerydesign.org. You can use one of such macro; You just need to change GUIDs in linefor example CallLibObj( 0 e1ae0703 41879f4b 86d02eb9 5896d198 )And if I remember corectly, some time ago Arno also made an universal macro with which You can place just about any library object if You know GUIDs, which You enter as parameters 5-8. Useful also in Airport for Windows too :)Many thanks to Arno and best regardsGoran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi Goran,Nope, that is not my macro, but sounds like a great idea such a general macro.The files from the autogen macros download are indeed good examples of how such a macro looks like.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest geoff williams

Thankyou Arno, GoranI think I have found the macro template so will give it a try.Geoff

Guest Pepe

There are a couple files on Avsim called 'makexml.zip' and 'makexml_v2.zip' by Vladamir Svoboda that may be of interest.It contains a macro for library objects and taxiway signs, and small program to convert the Airport for Windows code for them to XML.The first file has a large .doc file with pictures of library objects with the GUIDs for them thats helpful.Or just use ScenGenX to enter the GUID and place the objects.Pepe

Guest geoff williams

Thanks PepeI did download these and I am away now I think, In fact it turns out to be quite easy using the template and substituting the GUID values. In fact given the GUID information in these files I am also able to use some of the objects in the FS library.Many thanks to you all for pointing me in the right direction.Geoff