Sign in to follow this  
Guest acristobal

Help for a Begginer

Guest acristobal

I am a beginner with ground2k and I find it very difficult to use.I just want to create a lake with an island in the middle of a photo realistic scenery. I have done the nest steps: To create a lakeI Install ground2k v.4I create a new projectI put a background map (an small version of the photo realistic scenery)I make a new object (polygon) in the Road/River/Lake icon ...New object. Lake with a shoreline, water LC, 921 m altitude, etc.I make the BGL

Hola A...?,Photo-real scenery is not compatible with other types of terrain scenery (except for altitude mesh) - it supersedes and excludes the other. If you have photo-real scenery installed, your new lake will not display at all.It is either one or the other, custom (photo-real) scenery or terrain modifications, not both at the same time. To see your Ground2K4 lake, remove the photo-real scenery.You can create new terrain using Ground2K4, as you know. If you make it sufficiently detailed, it may look very good, but will never look exactly like the real thing. But, give it a try - take out your photo-real scenery and make some detailed terrain using Ground2K4. Best regards.Luis

Guest acristobal

Hola Luis.Gracias por contestar tan r

Guest ScottR

Hi,You can definitely have a "lake" in the middle of photoreal scenery. The easiest way is to use Terrabuilder Lite (free) to create your photoreal scenery. Also create a water mask (as explained in the release notes). The white area of the mask shows your photo real scenery and the black shows water. This technique is also needed to use photoreal scenery around a coast line and show the microsoft sea, but it can also be used to show a lake. The next step is to create a polygon with Ground2k around your lake (at the correct altitude) for the lake to show up flat (use the same bitmap for G2K as for Terrabuilder). Hey presto, you will have a flat lake with "real" water.Regards

Hola A...?To get water in custom (photo-real) textures, you must add a transparency mask (also called alpha channel). This is nothing more than a copy of the ground texture with land painted in pure white (RGB= 255,255,255) and water painted in pure black (RGB=0,0,0).Then, merge this mask with the ground texture, convert to DXT format, and view in F.S. The transparent part of the image, painted in black, will show as water in Flight Simulator.What will you need to do this? Please get Martin Wright's DXTBmp, available at http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm .Also get the dlls that are required for it to work. This program lets you easily edit and merge images and then convert to DXT format.Now, here are the steps to follow:1) Make a copy of any ground textures that have bodies of water. Here is an example of the Champs de Mars with the Seine:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69567.jpg2) Paint the land in white (RGB 255,255,255) and the water in black (RGB 0,0,0):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69568.jpg3) Using DXTBmp, merge the two images and convert to DXT1 format;4) Place this new ground texture in the photo-real texture folder and fly!Espero que haya sido facil de comprender. Cualquier problema, estamos para resolver.Best regards.Luis

Guest acristobal

Thanks again.I

Guest acristobal

Hello,Thanks for the tip, but because I read first how to doit with the alpha chanel I did it with it.Now I can fly over the water enjoying the landscape.I try to do something with terrabuilder but I stack in the first screen.Thanks AlbertoYou can find the scenery in FS 2002 scenerys madmstx.zip And I