Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eric R

I can't see default scenery over (or under) Holger's s...

Guest Eric R

Another newbie question, no doubt dumb. I've got Holger's Jasper Park (Canada) color sat photo showing in my G2K4 window.I see no FS2K4 default scenery. Nor do I see the improved scenery I loaded earlier into my FS2K4 ("Cordillera Canada: Enhanced Terrain" from FSGenesis). I thought I would see one or the other, superimposed with the sat photo image. So I also don't see any of the default roads, rivers, lakes, etc. So I can't exclude them.1) Why don't I see any FS2K4 default scenery? "G2K For Beginners" doesn't mention how you get to see the FS2K4 default stuff. When I click on the "FSConnect" icon (top of screen, 2nd from Rt) I get the following error: Two windows come up, one says "FS Connections", but none of the 3 buttons work. Other window is titled, "Ground2K4", and says "Error communicating with FSConnect: 1". Pressing the "OK" button there puts me back in the main G2K4 window. What am I doing wrong, or not understanding?2) Where should the information regarding terrain elevation appear?Maybe I haven't read far enough in the manual.Eric R.

Hi Eric,You don't see any default scenery in Ground2k. Default roads are also not excluded per piece, but for an entire LOD square. So you just make an exclude for the LOD squares you are working on and then replace them all with the one you place. The only way to see the default scenery would be to load an image showing it.Also, I don't think Ground2k can show the elevation to you.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Eric R

Hi Arno,Thanks for the clarifications. I'll try it again. :-)Eric