Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldraisin

New Upload - PolyBSetup.zip

Guest oldraisin

I have uploaded a new file today,PolyBSetup.zip in the FS2004 category, and would appreciate some feedback. It includes 2 utilities. Of general interest is Polyview, a LandClass texture catalog featuring 3 perspectives in summer season from FS2004 screen captures of each of the landclass textures. However, the main program is a utility of narrow scope called PolyB that will make VTP2 polygons from scasm files from, for example, FS Architect 2002 and FSSC, although any scasm file with a properly labeled polygon can be processed. PolyB incorporates a landclass viewer almost identical to Polyview. Both programs incorporate help files and a project format. They are totally freeware, and if anybody wants to use the pictures in other programs let me know.Just uploaded this, and haven't received the OK from the forum yet.The OldRaisin

Guest oldraisin

The file is now in the libraryBest regards,The OldRaisin

Howdy Jim,a BIG thank-you for this handy tool!!!I don't actually work with FSSC or Architect but I do a lot of landclass work and PolyView is definitely the most useful catalogue of landclass types I've yet seen - I particularly like the 3-view window and the option of holding a different landclass type in a second 3-perspective set for comparison. Excellent idea!That must have been a lot of work taking and editing all those screenshots. Rest assured that I, for one, will use PolyView a lot and highly recommend it to anyone doing landclass work.Thanks again, Cheers, HolgerP.S.: for the undecided, here's a screenshot of PolyView http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73429.jpg

Guest oldraisin

Thanks for the feedback, Holger. Been "reading the mail" here for a while and I sure appreciate what you and others have contributed to the lore of MSFS scenery. I am glad I can contribute something of value......now maybe I can get back to flying and doing scenery. Amateurs like me really have to struggle to put out a robust program....and you know....it kinda becomes an all consuming quest.So glad you find it useful....Best regards,Jim

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Just wanted to say I'll be using it too, thanks. Some fussy individual has pointed out a field on a mountaintop in some stuff I'm working on, so I need to do some tweaking!I dunno, you do half a million square Kilometers of landclass and somebody finds the *one* that isn't quite right... grmfl... :9Does it include the filename of the original texture for those who might want to produce a few drop-in replacements?Cheers,Jim Keir

Guest oldraisin

Hi Jim,No, no file names, just the numbers. Made these views using the companion program, PolyB, in an unfinished version. It just uses the methodology of Jeffrey Stanyer in his VTP Poly for Dummies Tutorial, with TDFHeaders.inc and TDFMacros.inc by Richard Ludowise and SCM2xy2.exe by F.Dienstbach. Then when I had all the pictures, I made a viewer form and added it to PolyB. Then I made a stand alone viewer when it became obvious it would be of much broader utility than PolyB itself.Don't know if that answers your question, but I didn't address the texture files directly at any point.Best regards,Jim Bertelson

Guest oldraisin

Hi Holger,When you mentioned the comparisons with the Current and Held rows of pictures, thought I might point out a neat way to compare two nearly identical textures. The center picture does not always have the same viewpoint due to the randomenss of the autogen getting in the way when you are on the ground. But the left and right pictures alway use exactly the same point with the same angle. Therefore, if you click, on say a left picture in the Current row to zoom it, and then click on the left picture in the Held row, you can flick back and forth to see exactly what the differences are in the zoom box......kinda like looking for movements in a starfield by superimposing image plates. I have noticed some differences in autogen I hadn't seen before that way, and will probably come out with revised descriptions when I check out a few things.Best regards,Jim