Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldraisin

PolyB and FSSC?

Guest pehje

I solved it. FSSC has a setting in Tools - Preferences - Settings - Export - Keep intermediate files. Just activate that and the SCASM files, the intermediate ones in the Export/compilation process, will be saved together with the *.bgl files in the same folder.I then choose that folder and scasm file as input to polyB and Voila! Progress. I just created my first VTP2 polygons. Per

Guest oldraisin

PerGo into tools_preferences_settings and check the "keep intermediate files" and also under visible ojbects check Scasm files. Then when you export you will also produce a scasm file in the same directory as the bgl file.Best regards,Jim

Guest oldraisin

Per,I guess I answered just as you found your own answer. Glad it worked for you. When you are editing and changing, watch out that you don't leave old bgl files for the same area that might cover or add to your new scenery.If there are any other questions, just let me know. I would also like feedback on PolyB and PolyView, good or bad.Best regards,Jim

Guest pehje

Oh, thanks for quick reply, even if I was quicker ;-)Is it important to flatten the area where I put these VTP2 polys? I just made one so far, and it showed up, but only half of it. But then I came to think of that I

Guest oldraisin

Per,If only a half of a polygon shows up, it is suspect that you are on a landclass tile boundary. You will have to make a separate polygon for the other half, that is a limitation of one of the component programs I use in PolyB, SCM2xy2.exe by F.Dienstbach. PolyB is a limited, but very easy to use program. But the boundary problem was one I never addressed just so that I could get the program released. The workaround is to make a separate poly that you line up with the visible half. It does work, however, and is not difficult. Another possibility is in the next paragraph, a partially covering left over poly from editing or the export process in FSSC.If polys are not visible, watch out for other bgl's left over from your work that cover it, such as the original bgl from FSSC. Flattening, altitude and layering issues could exist, but unintended byproducts of your scenery construction are more likely. Another one to watch for is intentionally having multiple polys partially layered one over the other. To do this, you have to have the lowest poly first alphabetically by file name, and ordered thereafter alphabetically bottom to top. MSFS apparently reads bgl's in a directory in alphabetical order.Hope one of those answers works.Best regards,Jim

Hi Jim and Per,I am testing PolyB with Architect.Great little tool!Just a few findings:I find it easier to delete the regenerated (SPxxx.BGL) basefile and just keep the Poly BGL (BPxxx.BGL) together with the normal BGL generated from ARCHITECT.When I am ready with all VTP polys and they are processed OK, I just mark them as "background" in Architect and recompile the file.The VTP Polys will then remain intact in their own BGL:s as well as inactivated in the Architect file.With this fashion it seems a bit easier when you later need to do another recompile of the original basefile after non-VTP changes. You will then have no need to "reprocess" the sceneryfile in PolyB.Bjorn

Guest oldraisin

Thanks Bjorn,Great idea, I'll give it a try.....this weekend probably cause my day job keeps getting in the way. Your method never even entered my brain. Look for more things, and I'll try to make up a info document or put them in the any future releases.I would sure appreciate any other comments you have.Best regards,Jim

Guest oldraisin

Per,Thanks for the bug report(see your email). By the way, were you able to solve your polygon problems? Regards,Jim

Guest pehje

Yes, the problem was the tile boundary. I read about it in your help files but took a chance and didn

Guest oldraisin

Per,I think you are saying that FSSC, not PolyB, is having a problem with complex polys. I have made some complex polys in FSSC and have not had a problem. Make sure you are not tracing over another connecting line when you add a point, I think that doesn't work. If the problem is with FSSC, they have a forum here in AVSIM, and the author frequents that forum, I have read.Re FS Architect:Could you email me your project? Right now I don't have a clue. Just email me the "act" file and I will look at it. Doug Pouk is usually excellent with support, but he is working on the new version, and his day job is giving him fits, so he is slow to respond. If I run the project, it may be obvious to me.It has been in the high 60's Farenheit here in Anchorage, today a little cooler but sunny, how is it there is Sweden?Best Regards,Jim