Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Background image for airport

Guest luissa

>Luissa,>>The VBRun download and the registration of the OCX did not>work. What program directories have you set up SBuilder in? It>may be that SBuilder is looking for FS2004 and cannot find it.>Is there an entry in the ini file which I can amend to point>SBuilder to the FS2004 folder?>>ShezHello Shez,Here is a part of the initial SB tasks where you are getting a problem. See below for my comment.A$ = ""A$ = Dir(App.Path + "toolsbmps001B2SU1.BMP")If A$ = "" Then A$ = "You must wait until SBuilder copies some bitmaps! The next" + vbCrLf A$ = A$ + "time SBuilder runs in this computer it will start faster!" MsgBox A$, 64End IfCheckPolyViewCheckFS9SetLandClassesSetWaterClassesSetPolyClassesSetLineClassesSetLandExtentsSetDatumsA$ = Dir(App.Path + "ToolsWork", vbDirectory)If A$ = "" Then MkDir App.Path + "ToolsWork"Dirty = FalsefrmStart.Show <<< Now the explanation - SBuilder tries to find the bitmap file 001B2SU1.BMP in the folder ..SBuildertoolsbmps. If the file is not present it assumes that this is the first time that you are running the programme and displays the message. You said you got here! So it checks for the presence of PolyView (in version 1.06 to be released) and checks the presence of FS9. It checks by reading the Windows register and it would give an error message if it would not find FS9. So I think the problem is elsewhere.In SetLandClasses it reads the file land.txt as:File = App.Path + "toolslands.txt"Open File For Input As #2Also it constructs bitmap filenames using the first 3 characters in each line of lands.txt as in: B$ = Trim(Mid(Line$, 1, 3)) LC(K).Texture = B$ + "B2SU1.BMP"LC(1).Texture will be 123B2SU1.BMP because Line 1 in lands.txt starts with 123.Then it looks into the referred to folder (the one to where it copies the bitamps) to see if it already exists. If it does not exist (because you are running SB for the first time or you deleted the file by change) it copies/converts from the main FS texture folder as in:Private Sub ConvertBMP(ByVal K As Long)Dim retval As Long, A$FileCopy FSTexDir + "" + LC(K).Texture, App.Path + "toolsbmps" + LC(K).TextureChDir App.Path + "tools"A$ = "imagetool.exe -nogui -batch -e bmp -nomip bmps" + LC(K).Textureretal = ExecCmd(A$)End SubTo terminate this detailed explanation I must say that the variable FSTexDir was set in the CheckFS9 routine as:FSTexDir = FSpath + "SCENERYWORLDTexture"I hope this can give you a clue on what may be causing the problem.Regards, Luis

Luis,Thanks for the detailed explanation but unfortunately I am not an expert at programming. Are you saying that I should copy those identified textures to the toolsbmp directory manually and it should be OK? or are you wanting me to change the variables to identify the FS path? How would I do that?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest luissa

Hello Shez,I wrote that so that you could check that the files and folders that I refer to exist on your system. I do not know the cause of your problem.Kind Regards, Luis

Luis,Following your suggestion from above I renamed one of the texture files to 001b2su1.bmp and the start routine is bypassing the startup message about copying textures straight to the 'Runtime Error 53'. BTW what is Polyview 1.06? I do not have this installed, maybe this is the problem?Thanks for the help.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"