Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

Drawing the Same Structure Several Times

Guest luissa

Hello Phill,I had a similar problem when designing the columns that support the runway of LPMA. You can see a picture here:http://www.ptsim.com/madeira/mad829.jpgI extensively tested many solutions for performance. I am not convinced that a library will be the best. The calling of the library object has a cost and a number of parameters must be passed to the called code. I am an old fashionned designer that uses FSDS and SCASM. What I have done was a series of calls inside the same BGL like this: TransformCall( :coluna 2867 0 3062 0 0 0 0 0 0 ) TransformCall( :coluna -2355 0 -2215 0 0 0 0 0 0 ) TransformCall( :coluna -2174 0 -2033 0 0 0 0 0 0 ) TransformCall( :coluna 346 0 514 0 0 0 0 0 0 ) TransformCall( :coluna 1606 0 1788 0 0 0 0 0 0 )the numbers 2867 and 3062 refer to X & Y offsets in meters from a central point (refpoint). The label :coluna refers to the location (further down in my SCASM file) where I draw the column itself. But the reason why I am posting is the following (may be you can find it useful for your case). In order to get precise X & Y offsets (of my columns or of your identical buildings) I had a background bitmap in FSDS. Then I draw a polygon with points on the centers of the columns. Then I generated a SCASM output of that polygon just to pick up the pairs of offset values. The file was something like:VecPoints( 0 -2729 0 -4050 0 0 0 ; 0 -2911 0 -3870 0 0 0 ; 1 -2180 0 -3130 0 0 0 ; 2 -2554 0 -3509 0 0 0 ; 3 -2731 0 -3688 0 0 0 ; 4An important thing is to set a convenient scale so that the numbers represent meters.SCASM gives a lot of control because you can have conditional coding. Take the example of this runway built on top of a platform with those pillars underneath. When you are on the end of the runway prepared to take off you will not see those columns. So on the beginning of my file I just added a simple command saying something like:- if the aircraft vertical crosses the runway rectangle, just do nothing! in the example I can assure you that this simple command increased frame rate by 3 or 4!Kind Regards, Luis