Sign in to follow this  
Guest inny

Scenery Needed

Guest inny

Ok here goes.... i am going to ask althought i dont think it will help but its worth a try.... i have posted a few time about this and thank you to every one who has answered my questions.... and they have helped thank you... but i feel i am way to out of my lead i have spent hours on end try to work out how to give my airport that i made on AFCAD some scenery like a hanger, tower and a few static aircrats(not AI) just ones that sit there.... and just some more little things airports have... i have downloaded Airport 2.06, nova gold, a bunch of stuff from mircosoft... but its all to much for me... i NEED HELP... is there anyone out there that could help me with this problem... i have read tutorials but i have gone backwards... pritty much i am looking for some one who has some spare time that could do it for me i know its a big ask.... i have aded a word doc of the proposed heliport i have been trying to design and make to any one that is sort of interested please have a look and see if it is worth the trouble... thank u for reading this and i hope some one can help me... even if u can not help please give me your professional opinion on it please....

As you found out, scenery design is tedious work. With tools like Airport for Windows, it is made easier with the top-level interface so you don't have to have an extensive knowledge of the underlying software that is compiled into a scenery file.Maybe you are trying too hard! I suggest you try making a simple airport using one of the tools, get it to compile and show up in the flight simulator. After you get it to show up in the flight simulator, go back to the airport and add/subtract things from it, compile, and observe the changes. Once you are able to feel comfortable with your simple airport and the working of the tool, then start building your real airport.If you are using FS2004, I recommend SceneGenX - http://www.airportforwindows.com/ . Make sure you download the MSXML4.0 file from the same area or visit Microsoft to get the file. Visit http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ , downloads, FS2004SDK, download and install the FS2004 SDKs, and read about Scenery design.Most of the posters are happy to answer specific questions about the your design. You request is too general.The file you attached doesn't seem to be a Word Document or doesn't load in Word in the format it was uploaded.W. Sieffert

Guest sapper42

Dont give up hope, persistence will pay dividends in the end, better as wseiffert mentioned, start a small project to get the feel of the program ( FSSC, AIRPORT etc ) aswell as AFCAD and find the strenghts of each program. Then choose one or more that you feel most comfortable with, build small fictional scenery and progress from there. Everyone here started with some degree of frustration yet over time have built up a level of skills in thier learning curve to get where they are now. Dont forget there are many of us here willing to help and share our accumulated knowledge.best rgds Jeff

Guest inny

THank you both for replying i am still trying to do it... i am trying to make a small airport its just i dont know how to get the small objects into FS itself... but i will just keep trying thank u

Guest sapper42

Inny, by Ref to small objects, what objects are you trying to place ? macro's or default FS9 objects ?Allso what program are you trying to place them with.Did you create these objects or download them from the WWWWhat are you useing to create your small airport ?more detail will help us to help you.www.scenery.org has some good tutorials in its tutorial link that may assist you.rgds Jeff

Guest inny

Alright i just want to add default FS9 objects.. things like hangers refueling zone and a cabin/office also a fence around the perimeter of the airport i should say heliport sorry bout that... and a windsock thats it.. to design the airport i have used AFCAD2 and i have been trying to use airport 2.06.. and to i wont lie to you all if i couldnt even make a stick if i had to.... i can send u an email of the airport i have made and the BGL for AFCAD2 so u can see want i am trying to explain....