Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

File Library Uploads Now Back in Operation

We are pleased to report that the AVSIM File Library is now fully back in operation with an updated database system, a significantly faster and more robust server and now accepting uploads. We will be bringing online our mirroring system shortly, which will allow all web sites to connect directly to the library files. Stay tuned for more information on that. If you wish to upload your files you can do so here:http://library.avsim.net/upload.phpPlease note that "MIRROR THIS FILE" is set to default yes. If you do not wish to have your file mirrored and only appear on the AVSIM library itself, then unclick this box.

Guest luissa

Dear Tom,First of all I would like to thank AVSIM for providing us the forums. The information that I can get in the MSFS Scenery Design (the one I read most) is invaluable. I would like you to consider what I think would be a great improvement. I refer to pictures (and some other files) that readers attach to their posts. Sometimes it is very frustating to read a thread which refers to a image that does not exist anymore. In my opinion most of the drawings posted in this forum do not compare with, for example, the pictures in the screenshoot forum.From time to time I post here and from time to time I also prepare a drawing or I make a picture to illustrate the discussion. Very frequently I upload the drawings elsewhere, and include a link to them in the post. Thank you for considering this suggestion.Regards, Luis

Luis,Thank you for your considered and considerate posting. I am afraid my answer is not a good one. We are sensitive to disk space consumption. Sceen shots and images take up a great deal of space. The forum software does not allow for segregation of image uploads by forum nor for the lifetime of those images by forum. In other words, all images uploaded via the forums go into one big pot. Since we cannot segregate images by forum, we have no way of knowing which images need to be around longer, and those that are of passing interest. Sine we can't do this, we have a blanket 12 to 14 day cycle within which we remove older image files.The only way around this is to have message posters host their image on their web site and then link to it in a message here. As long as that image meets our size requirements, then the message will last forever and linked to that image.