Sign in to follow this  
Guest pehje

Coast/water boundary slope texture problem...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Per,yup, hacking the default LWM files is the only "complete" solution for your problem but you've read the multiple cons discussed in that thread, particularly if you're dealing with a relatively small area only.What you CAN do is experiment with Ground2K4's re-mesh option, which will raise those areas currently at sea level; it's pretty tedious and can create visual problems but for smaller sections it might well be a suitable option.Similarly, you can use LWM polygons of any shape in Ground2K4, for example to make a series of terraces that "climb down" to sea level. I used these kinds of polygons-as-flattens extensively in my Victoria Falls scenery to provide the narrow canyon with a more accurate shape. It's quite a bit of trial and error but works surprisingly well. Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger for alternatives. I tried the terrace approach and put a number of land LWM polys on top of each other ecah a little higher then the previous, increments of 3 meters, climbing from my new coastline water level up to 20. But nothing else than my new coastline show up in the sim. I created it using Ground2k4. Can I put them on top of each other? The lines doesn

Hi Per,I never made terraces inside one another but I guess it might work depending on the layering, i.e., lowest elevation/biggest terrace with lowest level, next one a level higher, etc.If that doesn't work and you redraw them side by side keep in mind that they don't have to be exactly next to one another, i.e., you can be pretty general in your terrace outlines. The horizontal (not vertical) resolution available is pretty poor, about 38-m it seems (if you have TMVL set to 20), so you won't have dips in between terraces even if the polygons are not directly adjacent. Cheers, Holger