Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Need help creating/modifying coastline in FS2004

Hello,I'd like to make the coastlines more accurate then the default scenery that ships with FS2004. I've had success in scenery design for the following areas: 1. Custom 3D object insertion using GMAX and 3DSmax 2. Airport modification using AFCAD 3. Modification to AI scenery using TTools 4. Extensive terrain modification using Global Mapper, seamless.usgs.gov and the resampler utility from the Terrain SDK.One area of scenery design I'd like to work on is VTP and LWM. These (as I understand it) are what controls the shape of the roads, lakes (and their elevations), rivers, coastlines, utility poles, railroads, rivers, and streams. It is in this area that I'd like to have some sort of "Holy Grail" if you will for creating/modifying this type of scenery. I know nothing of C++ programming however I've attempted to use utilites such as Coastline Maker v2.2 without much success. I do however know quite a bit about Visual Basic programming and have created several unreleased utilities to aid in the batch creation of terrain scenery.Any help would be greatly appriciated!Regards,Joshua Robertson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Joshua,Modifying terrain scenery is very easy, much easier than all the other things you mention.You might try Ground2K4 by Christian Fumey, in the AvSim library. Install version 5 and the updates that followed it.Also, there is a guide called Ground2K for Beginners in the AvSim library that will give you a basic start. It was written for previous versions of the program, so there have been a few changes, to wit: - layer numbers for FS9 are different; - VTP1 is no longer used, use VTP2 instead.Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here, where there are many knowledgeable users of the program who are quite happy to help.Best regards.Luis