Sign in to follow this  
arno

Landing Areas and APIs...

Guest mav315

Hello guys...I already have created a ship in Gmax and using a plane and Fsregen it has now a landable surface on it...then I tried to creat an API from the .asm file also with the Fsregen, as I have made many times in the past, in order to use it with FSSC and to make it rotate with the wind changing parameters in the code...thing that I have already done it in the past with other objects with success...everything seems to work perfect throuth the compilation, but when trying to land on it, no harden surface exist under my heli...The problem seems to appear when creating a Landing Area (which works if you compile it after that) and then trying to creat an API...There is any suggestion out there on that?..Sakis Vlachopoulos

I think the code that FsRegen adds to make your surface hard is not included in the library (it is a different section of the BGL file) and therefore you don't see it back in your API as well.What you could do is add the Area16 code back to the API as well (I have an example of that at home). Or if you are working for Fs2004 I would advice you to use the new gamepack that allows you to make hard surfaces with the script very easy.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest mav315

Hi Arno...If it's easy for you to post the example I 'll be pleased of you, because I have ever worked with the new pack and my scenery now is total made with APIs... but I have in mind to work with that microsoft's goods ;)Regards Sakis

Guest mav315

Hi there again...So...I found and other way to approach this problem...Firstly, I thought to place my object directly as a BGL generated from Gmax and then compiled by FSregen, but in order to have a rotation with the wind I changed this piece of code:SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 10000, 133, 131072, 000433BFEh, 0F666h, 00E26A773h, 05720h, 0, 0BGL_CALL OBJECT_0_BEGINOBJECT_0_RETURN label wordwith this one that Arno has in his website:SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 10000, 133, 131072, 000433BFEh, 0F666h, 00E26A773h, 05720h, 0, 0 POINT_VICALL OBJECT_0_BEGIN, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, global_winds_surface_directionOBJECT_0_RETURN label word...and it worked, but...the plane I 've used for the landable area is not rotated with the rest object... I have tried to group all together but the same result...then I have created an other polygon as a part of the main body of the ship and I have placed it under the other I created after...but the always the same result...it works as landable area at the initial position, but changing the wind direction it doesn't follow the ships rotation...:(Any idea?..Sakis

Hi Sakis,That is normal behaviour. The code for the hard surface is stored in a different section of the BGL file and that section does not respond to the command that rotates it with the wind.I think it is not possible to let the hard surface rotate with the wind as well, so I am afraid the only solution would be to make the plane bigger then really needed.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog