Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slacktide

River flattens, again...

OK, I already know that it is not possible to exclude the default stream flattens without editing the terrain.cfg and making the change global. What I want to know is, can I create add-on streams without the ditch, without affecting the default streams? I've tried adding another [Texture.####] entry in my terrain.cfg, like this:[Texture.1262] // stream lines / unknown / non-perennial / no channelType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=0But FS just crashes while loading terrain. Any ideas?Dan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dan,I'm not sure which software you're using or how to correctly append the terrain.cfg. With Ground2K4 one can add custom lines that remain outside of the terrain.cfg. For example, my streams without ditches are:// H.S. custom line: 1024 streams without depression[Texture.4099] // 1024 streams without depressionType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=HS_streams_wi.bmp,HS_streams_wi.bmp,HS_streams_su.bmp,HS_streams_su.bmp,HS_streams_su.bmp// offset=-10Works without problems.Alternatively, you could change the .asm code directly. A numbered VTP2 line looks like this: texturemark_0 label word VTPTextureName "1163" VTPTextureType 0, 0, 0, 0And a custom version like this: texturemark_1 label word VTPTextureName "roadssu.bmp;roadshw.bmp;roadsAsu.bmp;roadsAsu.bmp;roadsAsu.bmp;roadslm.bmp" VTPTextureType 2, 0, 0, 4Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Holger. Changing the source directly worked great, and doesn't require the end user to modify any config files.. exactly what I wanted to acomplish. I'm using autoasm (steep learing curve, but very powerful tool) for my VTP and LWM, and Ground2K4 to touch up some landclass issues.Dan