Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

Strange phenomenon after variables...

Hi guysI made a few triangles in Gmax and I give a "Light_nav" material name following the wellknown procedure and I export them.Then I compiled them through Fsregen in order to create an API... I placed the BGL in my scenery's folder and I opened FSSC...I placed my "Macro" and then I add this piece of code "IfVarRange( :ROT 28C 2 4 )" in order to have my object visible during "Dawn-Dusk-Night" but not "Day"...Although I had the wished result, a strange phenomenon appeared...Firstly, my object's view in FSSC is unusual enormous,although the scale is "0.5"... and the real strange thing is its appearance during day time not in the placed position but some 500 m NE and some 150 ft to the height...Is it something wrong in the code, or the probleme starts in Gmax?.. I remember when I was trying to export a single triangle with a "Light_#" material and I was always receiving an error...Any idea?..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My understanding of the light_nav naming was that it creates a point light that is centered on one of the vertices of your triangle. I don't know which vertex is used (assume the first), so that's why I always use very tiny triangles for lights. It sounds as though your chief problem is scaling, since having a huge triangle and turning one of the vertices into a light could easily result in that light being far off the mark, position-wise. I'd check your units setup in Gmax again to make sure 1 unit= 1 meter and then double-check the size of the object to make sure it's suitably small. Hope that helps,