Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Removal of bridges ...

Hi to all !A fellow flightsimmer asked me to remove 2 bridges ( Halifax harbour ). I thought I could easily do the job by creating an exclude file !!!Well ...I wasted 3 hours of my life before I made a simple test that proved that bridges CAN NOT be removed with an exclude file.Sooooooo....the big question : HOW THE H...l ! do I remove them !Thanks for any suggestions !

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Howdy,What test did you use to determine that? I would hazard the guess that there are quite a few of us here who exclude default bridges on a regular basis ;-) Assuming we're talking autogen bridges, they reside on layer 7 and an exclude switch of that layer will do, as long as it covers both ends of the two-point bridge line.The easiest way to find the LOD13 Areas used by the bridges in question is to load the default BR9*.bgl file into LWMViewer (in your case one of the two that reside in FS9SceneryNameScenery) and zoom in on the general location (in this case Halifax). Once you spotted the bridges use ExcBuilder or DefArea to record and compile the switch. If you're using G2K4 the bridge exclude will be part of your overall exclude file.Cheers, Holger