Sign in to follow this  
arno

A few questions...

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a scenery at the moment, for now i havent even started with gmax (although i have used it a wee bit before). At the moment I am using Airport 2.6 to lay the ground textures of the airport, (I am using FS2002 by the way) and I notice that my grass textures don't really blend with the default scenery surrounding the airport, are there any tricks to make it blend a bit more? Perhaps I'm just using a bad grass texture? Im trying to get one thats realistic to the airport, which the surrounding default scenery Im trying to blend it in with isnt always realistic to the region. Also, a small bit is on a coast, airport seems to have a tool LWM scenery for this but so far I have been unable to get it to work, and Im not even sure it does what Im after, I want a coastline texture so that ground textures I have laid dont join with the FS2002 sea at a knife edge. Is there anything I can do to solve this?The area surrounding the airport incidently, is a port but default portrays it as farmland. Can this be fixed, or is this better done with landclass? If so, are landclass programmes freeware and are they easy to use?I have been using the exclude function to remove autogen and default scenery in the vicinity, but the positioning of the default FS grey road is in the wrong place, which really affects the airport in this situation, how can i exclude the default road? It does not seem to be included as a scenery object and wont shift.Any help appreciated, thanks :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

To get blending grass you would have to use a VTP polygon, instead of the polygons made by Airport. This is also how the grass of the default airports is placed. You can probably best give Ground2k a try (I am not sure if SBuilder also works with Fs2002).To remove the default roads you will have to make a VTP exclude. DefArea can do this for you very easy.To change the surrounding area you indeed need to change the landclass. Ground2k can do this or there are some freeware landclass tools as well (forgot the name, but I tried one a time ago).