Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidglaister

GMAX PAPI

Guest davidglaister

Hi All,A simple question first of all... is it possible to make a realistic PAPI object in GMAX, that can be placed as a library object.I have looked thru some of the fs2004 sdk's, but cant find anything that would give me a clue where to start.Thanks,David.

Hi David,This would not be possible by using only GMax I think. To get the PAPI really working and depending on the angle with your plane you will have to do some source code tweaking to add these conditions.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest davidglaister

Hi Arno,Can you give me an idea of how to go about this, hopefully with the same type of light effect as the default PAPI lights.What I'm trying to do, is make a visually accurate working PAPI that I can place as a library object in SGX.Thanks, David.

Guest Valid_Andy

Hey David, Maybe you could do some maths and place some red and white boxes in the correct place?! I Heard somewhere that, since the glide slope is 3 degrees:<2.6degrees = 4 red2.8degrees = 3 red 1 white3.0degrees = 2 red 2 white3.2degrees = 1 red 3 white>3.4degrees = 4 white I could be wrong, but those numbers are in my head, anyone feel free to correct me. If you place a white light in between 2 red lights (Above and below) you might just be able to make an object one if you do the maths and a lot of tweeking...Then the problem would be making it light up, I don't know if that would be possible for it to Emit red or white light...Hope this helps at all...

Guest abent

Maybe you know this, but AFCAD221 can control/set PAPI lighting very easily.Adam.

Guest davidglaister

Hi,Having established (I hope) that a realistic looking and functioning PAPI box can be made, how is the code then changed to make it function.Is this still achieved using scasm, or are xml equivalents available, also could a working windsock be made this way.I searched the forum for windsock code and downloaded a macro recommended, but it is in api format, can this still be placed in xml format (after converting with fsregen?).David.