Sign in to follow this  
Guest fame

How to see what BGLs contain?

I don't have much experience with scenery, I only install and use it.But now I've come to the point where I need to install several different scenery parts, e.g the mesh from one and static objects from another (for example I'd like to combine the wonderful airports from Aerosoft's Canarias with the photo mesh from the Spain group at FSFreeware).Since it's difficult to find out what the different BGLs wich a scenery usually contain do (e.g. by renaming one, start FS, see what happened, stop FS and then do the same with the next file and so on), I'm looking for some method to find out what a specific BGL contains. Is there a tool for doing this available?Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andreas:BGLAnalyze is a VisualC++ program to analyze and disassemble BGLfiles. The present version will disassemble to SCASM code. You willneed SCASM version 2.85 or higher to reassemble the code, because theprogram uses the instruction set of this latest version, which can beobtained from http://www.scasm.de. This version (3.1) has been updatedto include the ability to disassemble scenery files that contain vtpand lwm code.BGLXML is an utility which analyzes and decompiles BGL files intoFS2004 format and produces human readable XML files to be recompiledwith Microsoft BGLCOMP (available from our FS2004 SDK page). It fullysupports almost all options included into new BGL file format, it isalso able to extract .MDL files from ModelData sections. Now includesXMLSHELL, a GUI program for controlling bglxml from Windows Explorer.I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig),for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.