Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

general help!

Hey guys,Im new to the scene and tried to make a new Military Airport in New Zealand. I tried for ages and got Runways either-in the air-underground-Trees in themand when i finally got the top right, i couldn't add anything else to it like an Apron etc etc and all of a sudden i got Trees back in my Runway.I used SceneGenX Build24 and AFW V3. So far Aiports for Windows seems to be the only thing making the scenery change (when it wants) but the Airports can't be edited in AFCAD (something about AFD??) and doesn't show up in FS2004 so i have to go between the 2 and its just quite frankly a real mess because i've actually gone back to the start as the furtherest i got was a runway with a flat area but nothing else showed up like Helipad and Buildings etc etc.SceneGenX also doesn't have all the Features that AFW does but AFW isn't really supported for FS9.Also i couldn't get the ground Textures to change they stayed as the Default Ground, like i tried to ad grass around my Runway with AFW as SceneGenX doesn't let you do this.Any Suggestions/Help Appreciated :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello again,Good! You found the MSFS Scenery Design Forums.From the above you have found some of the differences from FS2002 and earlier to FS2004. As I recommended in the FSSC forum, download all the Scenery and Terrain SDKs for FS2004.As you found, SGX or AFCAD221.zip can lay down some ground objects, such as, runways, taxiways, aprons but can't do anything with the underlying terrain, such as the grass around the airports. Those must be done with terrain tools, such as Ground2k*.zip, SBuilder, Autoasm - search through these forums for URLs to download the last two programs.There are also other tools, such as FSTUtilities - www.fs-traveler.com for flattens, excbuilderv2.zip, creatsign*.zip and many other tools made by talented tool designers that visit these forums.W. Sieffert