Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Need SBuilder Help

I've been trying to learn SBuilder (and AutoASM but that's a different problem!) and need some help on approach.I am fixing some default scenery, consisting of islands and terrain within. I have landclass and waterclass assigned as needed already (and mesh is OK too).I have BLN files generated from ESRI shapefiles to input. My first project is to import the coastline. So far so good. Now my problems.1. How do you generate the LWM water poly(s) around the coastline? The project lies in 4 LOD5 cells (and many LOD13 areas obviously).2. How do you set which side of the line gets the wave effect?3. Is it possible to split a line in SBuilder into two lines? I need to be able to change the line width and texture in different places of the island. I guess I could go back and edit my BLN source data into multiple lines, but that seems sort of tedious.scott s..

Guest luissa

Hi Scott,Let's see if I can help>1. How do you generate the LWM water poly(s) around the>coastline? The project lies in 4 LOD5 cells (and many LOD13>areas obviously).If you have a big line defining the coast move the first and last point as depicted and in the Line Properties window press Make Poly.>2. How do you set which side of the line gets the wave>effect?Each line has a Start and an End Point. The End Point uses a different symbol. The effect is on your left side as you walk from the Start point to the End Point (please check this - I am almost convinced that the effect is on the left hand side, but ...)In the Points sheet of the Line Properties menu you have a command to Reverse the Line. The Start and End points change and the effect goes to the other side if it is on the wrong side>3. Is it possible to split a line in SBuilder into two lines?Yes. In Line mode, hold down the key B (for brake) and left click the point where you want the lines to split.> I need to be able to change the line width and texture in>different places of the island. I guess I could go back and>edit my BLN source data into multiple lines, but that seems>sort of tedious.Yes. BLN is very limited. I am precisely in the way of terminating an Help file for Sbuilder2.02. Here is what I wrote about Appending MP files:Another way to enter data into SBuilder is to append a Polish Map file. Polish Map files can be created with MapEdit available at:http://wwww.geopainting.com/MapEdit is a very versatile programme. With MapEdit you can, for example, import ESRI shape files and saved them as a Polish Map files. In this way it is very easy to use Shape files in Flight Simulator scenery creation. You can even make all graphical editing inside MadEdit and use SBuilder just as the final step in creating a BGL. In fact you can assign a type to each line and polygon in MapEdit. Later, when appending the file into SBuilder, you can instruct SBuilder to create BGL properties for each MapEdit object type.You can append all items in a Polish Map file at once or you can set which items to append. Also you can build a translation table between "MapEdit types" and "BGL parameters". For example, in the following screen you are only appending Rivers of type 0x1F and Cities of type 0x02:I hope to upload SBuilder tomorrow.Regards, Luis

Thanks for the help Luis. I figured out the B-click from the help after posting. I notice the different end point symbol but couldn't figure out what it was trying to show. I tried joining two lines at the (unfilled box) endpoint, but couldn't get it to work.>If you have a big line defining the coast move >the first and last point as depicted and in the >Line Properties window press Make Poly.I'm not sure what you are telling me to do. I imported the file using the "create a closed line for every imported polygon" option. That resulted in a single line VTP2 enclosing a poly of type "none". So I copied the line and pasted it. Then I used the "B" to split the copy into 2 lines. Then I drew a line for each of these including the LOD13 boundaries and connected these lines to the 2 lines I had previously created. Then selecting each line I created a poly, and then deleted the lines so I was left with 2 LWM polys and my original closed coast line. I dragged the 2 polys into registration with the coast line, and now it looked pretty good. I then compiled and checked it out in LWMViewer, and it mostly worked, except the LWM water mask is broken in one of the LOD8 cells covered by the project. I suspect this is a geometry problem.Is there an easier way to create the LWM polys?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92798.jpgscott s..