Sign in to follow this  
arno

Gmax Fences

Guest pks1414

I have just built my first Wire fence using Gmax. I created a simple mesh object and textured it with a pattern of the fence. The Alpha channel works great I can see through the fence in FS9. However when the Sun moves round it cast a solid shadow. Now I have to be honest and I cannot remember if I have ever seen a wire fence that does cast the correct shadow or whether they all react like this. It would be nice to have but not desperate. Anyone know if this is achievable and if so, how do you go about doing itThanksPaul

Hi Paul,If you want to remove the entire shadow, please have a look at this post made by Rhumbaflappy, it is explained how you can do it there:http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270If you would like a realistic shadow the only option is to make a shadow model that has all the wires modeled in it. But I don't think this is a good solution (framerates again :)).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog