Sign in to follow this  
arno

Blending

Guest pks1414

I have started to add a road and carpark to the small airfield I have created. As I use the VFR Photographic Scenery for the UK, the actual base area is simply flattened and the runway and parking areas (all grass) have been added using AFCAD. Everything else has been created using a mix of FSSC (flattens, API's) and Gmax (Buldings). I have also created the road and car park using FSSC, however they have clear sharp edges.Is there a way of making this more realisting by blending the edges more so that they are not so sharp. I have also noticed that the texture I have used tends to stretch something awful and just looks like a grey blur. Is there a specific setting for the texture so that detail is retained, I know when I look at some of the fantastic freeware scenery around many of the aprons retain their detail even close up.Any tips or tricks, should I create the road and Carpark in Gmax (can I create it in Gmax)Any help would be really appreciatedcheersPaul

Hi Paul,One option is to use VTP polygons, these are blended better with the underlaying terrain. But they suffer from resolution problems, so they are not that sharp (the textures).I think the blury texture can be solved by using a smaller scale for those objects. The texture resolution seems to be linked to that.In general I would not advice to make ground polygons in GMax, the code produced is not good for them. With some source tweaking you can get rather good results, but this is only useful in small areas, not to cover entire airports.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog